- Food Drive Timeline
Ideally, SCFS will have at least 4-6 weeks to plan every food drive. This document explains all the steps taken to make a food drive successful.
- Partnership Agreement
Do you need help planning your food drive? South Coast Food Share’s staff will be happy to assist you! Please read and sign the Agreement, which explain what SCFS can and cannot do to help you prepare for your drive.
- Letter to Food Drive Partners
This document explains how the South Coast Food Share distributes food throughout its network of pantries and meal sites.
- How does South Coast Food Share use cash donations?
Most wanted foods
- South Coast Food Share needs these nutritious foods:
- canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon)
- canned and boxed meals (i.e., soup, chili, stew, macaroni and cheese)
- canned or dried beans and peas (i.e., black, pinto, lentils)
- pasta, rice, cereal
- canned fruits
- 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- cooking oil
- Food recalls happen periodically. Please check the FDA Recall List for the most recent information.
- To ensure food safety, South Coast Food Share can't use:
- rusty or unlabeled cans
- perishable items
- homemade items
- noncommercial canned or packaged items
- alcoholic beverages, mixes or soda
- open or used items
- Oregon Food Bank
This website offers a number of resources, such as information on how to organize a food drive, fun ideas for raising food and funds, and hunger facts for Oregon.
|< Prev||Next >|