Project: South Coast Food Share
Reports to: Assigned Food Program Specialist
Revised: June 1, 2012
Staff Supervised: None
Salary Range: Level IV
Hours: 10 Hours Per Week Base
Primary Purpose: The Food Program Associate collects and delivers donated food under the supervision of a Food Program Specialist. Follows all food handling and safety procedures and accurately documents all food pickups and deliveries. Maintains vehicle and conducts safety inspections as instructed.
Description of Duties and Tasks:
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
- Ensures food safety during transport and resolves food handling problems
- Documents food donations and distribution
- Provides excellent customer service to donors and client organizations
- Maintains and uses equipment in a safe and respectful way
- Completes daily safety inspections on equipment
- Cleans equipment and vehicle as instructed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Food Safety knowledge
- Professional, respectful and knowledgeable about all aspects of the Fresh Alliance program.
- Basic math operations (including adding, subtracting, percentage calculation, multiplication and division)
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Ability to adjust to fast changing conditions while being flexible in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to adjust work hours according to program needs
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to prepare written reports in a timely manner and maintain inventory control records.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on various tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to operate equipment including, but not limited to, writing instruments, keyboard, calculator, fax, copy machine, computer, cell phone and telephone.
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles and equipment (hyster, pallet jack, other similar).
- Ability to perform strenuous and repetitive physical labor.
Maintains the confidentiality of all information about clients, staff, personnel issues, and other program operations. Will have signed all required confidentiality forms and be familiar with agency confidentiality policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Talk or hear
- Regularly required to stand and walk
- Regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb and balance
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without accommodation
- Must have specific vision abilities required which includes: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Write legibly
Education and/or Experience:
Four years paid experience and /or training directly related to the Position Description is required. An Associate Degree or Certificate in a related field may be substituted for up to two years paid experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Geographic Area: Coos & Curry & Western Douglas Counties
- Primary Job Site: Food Warehouse and Newmark Center
- May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work within a team environment.
- Ability to work safely in a variety of conditions, i.e. close quarters, adverse weather conditions including wet and/or humid conditions
- Proof of automobile liability insurance @ 100,000/300,000 liability limits
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Clean driving record
- Must be drug free.
- Able to pass Criminal Background Check.
- Able to pass a mandated physical by an Occupational Doctor
- Need reliable transportation
- Ability to obtain and complete Powered Industrial Truck Operator (Forklift) training and be certified by SCFS Warehouse Supervisor within 6 months of employment
- Ability to obtain a Oregon Food Handler's Card or complete the OFB food handling course within 30 days of employment
- Ability to obtain a First Aide/CPR Certification
- Ability to drive/travel long distances
- Ability to sit in meetings for as long as four hours at a time.
- Ability to work in excess of eight hours per day and during evenings or weekends as required.
ASPIRATIONS: the following is a list of aspirations that apply to all ORCCA positions
- Teamwork - We join our individual strengths together creating teams and circles of cooperation to promote innovative thinking and bring opportunity to our community.
- Partnerships - We create collaborative community partnerships to best leverage all resources available for the benefit of the community.
- Diversity - We welcome and accept differences, and honor our co-workers and clients by treating each person with equality, dignity, and respect.
- Confidentiality & Ethics - We maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity to respect the confidentiality of clients and staff.
- Physical Safety - We respond promptly to address health and safety needs or concerns for clients and staff.
- Communications - We encourage timely, open-minded, respectful, and direct communication to alleviate controversies and foster a safe, productive workplace.
- Health & Sustainability - Recognizing the importance of physical, emotional, and environmental health, we seek to inspire and model healthy, sustainable living.
- Public Relations - We recognize that each of us represents the entire agency in our public interactions and strive to act in a consistently professional and unbiased manner.
- Professional Growth - We provide an environment supportive to personal and professional growth, cross training, and advancement
SIGNATURES & DATES - The following signatures are required to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the Job Description; that essential functions are aligned with organization goals and objectives; to validate that it is clear, concise and supports compliance with legal considerations; and employee understanding of the job requirements. NOTE: Because jobs change, management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-conclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (items to return with application)
-- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. --
You MUST have the below items included in order for your application to be processed.
- Cover letter
- Copy of any Degree
- Copy of any Certificates related to position
- References – 3 personal and 3 professional
Please send your submission to the following address:
Oregon Coast Community Action
2110 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR. 97420
Phone - (541) 435-7746
Fax - (541) 435-7762
|< Prev||Next >|