TITLE: CB/NB BUS DRIVER
SALARY: Level IV
HOURS WORKED: 32 - 40 hours/week, Seasonal
SUPERVISED BY: Area Manager
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Develop and plan bus routes with the Family Advocates.
- Pre-trip inspection, forms completed and turned in regularly to Transportation Specialist.
- Transport children.
- Keep bus fueled. May be required to pump own fuel.
- Clean bus.
- Carry out established procedures for flat tires, mechanical trouble, and emergencies.
- Schedule regular and needed maintenance.
- Report any mechanical or maintenance concerns immediately to the Transportation Specialist.
- Ensure current client emergency forms are kept on the bus.
- Maintain driving certification as required by South Coast Head Start and Oregon Department of Education.
- Work with bus monitor to form a team relationship based on a continuous flow of information sharing and open communication.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Attend staff meetings, center meetings, and/or other workshops/meetings as notified.
- Maintain a positive attitude regarding ORCCA and all its programs along with the Head Start program and philosophy.
- Model behaviors that demonstrate an understanding, acceptance and welcoming of diversity.
- Maintain respect and positive communication regarding all children, families and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and staff information
- Maintain open, two-way communication with staff.
- Accept suggestions and guidance from supervisor and/or other management staff.
- Seek feedback on job performance and evaluate suggestions and guidance to incorporate in performance.
- Commit to further training. Develop an individual training plan using program tools, as appropriate
- Communicate with supervisor regarding any needed changes or concerns with work schedule.
- Adhere to agency procedures as a mandated child abuse reporter.
- Physical ability to perform the job.
- Perform other jobs as designed by your supervisor, Project Director or Agency Director. Employee may occasionally be asked to work alternate hours and days.
- Oregon School Bus Drivers Certification
- Class B or C CDL with S and P endorsements
- Willingness to work with teachers, children and parents
- High School diploma or GED.
- Preferred four years paid experience and/or training directly related to the position description.
- Work Environment:
- Geographic Area: Coos and Currie Counties
- Primary job site:
- May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Physically able to perform essential job responsibilities.
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to enter and exit bus.
- Ability to drive long distances
- Ability to concentrate on driving up to 30 passengers on bus.
- Licenses: A current Drivers License is required.
- Driving record must meet ODE requirements
- Proof of automobile liability insurance @ 100,000/300,000 liability limits
- Reliable transportation
- Must be drug free.
- Must be enrolled in the Oregon Employment Department-Child Care Division Central Background Registry
- First Aid/ CPR certification
- Health Appraisal
- Valid Medical Examiner's Certificate
- Able to drive/travel long distances
- Ability to sit at meetings for as long as four hours at a time.
- Ability to work in excess of eight hours per day and during evenings as required.
ASPIRATIONS: the following is a list of aspirations that apply to all ORCCA positions
- Teamwork - We join our individual strengths together creating teams and circles of cooperation to promote innovative thinking and bring opportunity to our community.
- Partnerships - We create collaborative community partnerships to best leverage all resources available for the benefit of the community.
- Diversity - We welcome and accept differences, and honor our co-workers and clients by treating each person with equality, dignity, and respect.
- Confidentiality & Ethics - We maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity to respect the confidentiality of clients and staff.
- Physical Safety - We respond promptly to address health and safety needs or concerns for clients and staff.
- Communications - We encourage timely, open-minded, respectful, and direct communication to alleviate controversies and foster a safe, productive workplace.
- Health & Sustainability - Recognizing the importance of physical, emotional, and environmental health, we seek to inspire and model healthy, sustainable living.
- Public Relations - We recognize that each of us represents the entire agency in our public interactions and strive to act in a consistently professional and unbiased manner.
- Professional Growth - We provide an environment supportive to personal and professional growth, cross training, and advancement
SIGNATURES & DATES - The following signatures are required to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the Job Description; that essential functions are aligned with organization goals and objectives; to validate that it is clear, concise and supports compliance with legal considerations; and employee understanding of the job requirements. NOTE: Because jobs change, management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-conclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (items to return with application)
-- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. --
You MUST have the below items included in order for your application to be processed.
- Cover letter
- Copy of any Degree
- Copy of any Certificates related to position
- References – 3 personal and 3 professional
Please send your submission to the following address:
Oregon Coast Community Action
2110 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR. 97420
Phone - (541) 435-7746
Fax - (541) 435-7762