REPORTS TO: Essential Services Director
REVISED DATE: 10-3-2011
STAFF SUPERVISED: Weatherization Field Support Staff/Office Staff
SALARY RANGE: Level V Exempt
HOURS: Minimum 40 per week
PRIMARY PUROSE: Coordinate and implement all aspects of the Weatherization program. In addition to coordinating the program this position also includes performing the work required as a Field Auditor.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manage and maintain Weatherization office including supervision of Weatherization staff.
- Supervise field work as necessary for the Weatherization program.
- Work effectively with the public, including vendors and contractors.
- Schedule and perform energy audits and diagnostic testing on homes being weatherized using:
- blower-door testing,
- duct blaster,
- furnace duct evaluation and repair,
- evaluate air-sealing of homes,
- client education and
- evaluation of lighting and appliance replacement
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide supervision to field staff regarding the performance of all energy audits, diagnostics and inspections.
- Provide supervision to office personnel.
- Provide supervision to staff regarding energy education for clients.
- Negotiate all contracts and agreements with vendors and contractors, subject to final approval by the executive director, and issue/accept bids for projects.
- Provide oversight in the implementation of the ARRA program.
- Provide oversight in the implementation of the SHPO (State Historic Preservation Office) program.
- Provide supervision to staff regarding energy education for clients.
- Maintain adequate records and client files.
- Provide conflict resolution for clients, Contractors and other essential communication with the public.
- Verify Client income eligibility
- Schedule and perform energy audits
- Perform pre and post blower door diagnostic testing
- Perform furnace duct testing and evaluate sealing of the system to state standards utilizing a duct blaster
- evaluate air sealing and as prescribed on weatherization jobs, both houses and mobile homes
- Provide energy education to customers
- Evaluate lighting and appliance replacement
- Process client intakes, maintain and track Client data base / waiting list
- Perform and execute State mandated computerized audit (Rem-Rate).
- Organize and maintain Client files
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance and inspection
- Track and maintain monthly an equipment and material inventory.
- Be an active team member of the Energy Services Dept.
- Regular attendance is a requirement for the position.
- Able to drive long distances.
- Ability to sit in meetings for as long as four hours at a time.
- Ability to work in excess of eight hours per day and during evenings as required.
- Attend meetings as needed; may include but is not limited to local, state or federal programs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able and willing to obtain CCB (Construction Contractors Board) certification and act as the RMI (Responsible Managing Individual) for the agency.
- Must be able and willing to obtain lead paint training and become EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certified.
- Must become REAP (Residential Energy Analysts Program) certified through the State of Oregon.
- Must be willing to obtain First Aid and CPR training.
- Must attend OSHA 30 training.
- Must have knowledge and experience of residential construction codes
- Must have the ability to utilize State required performance measures.
- Must have knowledge of Weatherization programs requirements, compliance agreements, and monitoring standards.
- Must be physically able to perform field audits and inspections on an as needed basis.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices (inc. computers, calculators, fax machines, etc.)
- Ability to perform data entry and word processing.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work well with the public, including clients, utilities, vendors and contractors, both in person and over the phone.
- Basic math skills.
- Oversee work orders and bids for contractors that include materials and measure costs to be performed according to State priorities.
- Maintains client files for each home that receives weatherization services including verification of all State mandated requirements.
- Verify final inspections, and authorizes payment to contractors.
- Oversight of the ARRA program including Davis Bacon compliance.
- Complete and submit all required reports to OHCS and ORCCA in a timely fashion.
- Verifies (or supervises the verification of) client eligibility.
- Provides Contractor training and quality control.
- Closes jobs, calculates labor, material cost, and overhead.
- Work with the Accounting Department on budget oversight and spend down for each grant received.
- Bill and provide reports on rebates and buy-back income to the accounting department.
- Insures program compliance with State requirements.
- Keeps records and statistical data for each fiscal year.
- Prepares correspondence, monthly reports, and quarterly reports.
- Perform minor vehicle maintenance.
- Performs other such duties as are assigned from time to time by supervisor.
- LEVEL V: Fours years paid experience an/or training plus an Associated Degree or Certificate in a related field is required; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree plus two years experience in a field directly related to the Position Description is required.
- Geographic Area: primarily Coos and Curry Counties.
- Primary Job Site: Coos Bay
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Indoor and outdoor work environment.
- Work within a team environment.
- Ability to work and drive safely in a variety of conditions, (i.e. close quarters, adverse weather conditions)
- Home visits with clients may be required on an as needed basis.
- May lift items up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- While performing the duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Stand, walk, sit, use hands (to finger, handle or feel), reach (with hands and arms), talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; climb or balance.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 51 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must have specific vision abilities required by this job, including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- A current Drivers License is required.
- A good driving record is necessary.
- Proof of automobile liability insurance @ 100,000/300,000 liability limits and maintain such limits.
- Reliable transportation of getting to work
- Must be free from illegal drugs, may be subject to suspicion testing.
- Must be able to pass the Criminal Background Check.
- Ability to pass a prescreening physical exam.
ASPIRATIONS: the following is a list of aspirations that apply to all ORCCA positions
- Teamwork - We join our individual strengths together creating teams and circles of cooperation to promote innovative thinking and bring opportunity to our community.
- Partnerships - We create collaborative community partnerships to best leverage all resources available for the benefit of the community.
- Diversity - We welcome and accept differences, and honor our co-workers and clients by treating each person with equality, dignity, and respect.
- Confidentiality & Ethics - We maintain a high standard of ethics and integrity to respect the confidentiality of clients and staff.
- Physical Safety - We respond promptly to address health and safety needs or concerns for clients and staff.
- Communications - We encourage timely, open-minded, respectful, and direct communication to alleviate controversies and foster a safe, productive workplace.
- Health & Sustainability - Recognizing the importance of physical, emotional, and environmental health, we seek to inspire and model healthy, sustainable living.
- Public Relations - We recognize that each of us represents the entire agency in our public interactions and strive to act in a consistently professional and unbiased manner.
- Professional Growth - We provide an environment supportive to personal and professional growth, cross training, and advancement
SIGNATURES & DATES - The following signatures are required to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the Job Description; that essential functions are aligned with organization goals and objectives; to validate that it is clear, concise and supports compliance with legal considerations; and employee understanding of the job requirements. NOTE: Because jobs change, management reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
NOTE: The specific statements reflected in each section of this position description are not intended to be all-conclusive, but rather the basic elements and criteria considered being necessary in order to satisfactorily perform the duties associated with the position.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (items to return with application)
-- Incomplete applications will not be accepted. --
You MUST have the below items included in order for your application to be processed.
- Cover letter
- Copy of any Degree
- Copy of any Certificates related to position
- References – 3 personal and 3 professional
Please send your submission to the following address:
Oregon Coast Community Action
2110 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR. 97420
Phone - (541) 435-7746
Fax - (541) 435-7762