Energy Assistance Program (EAP)

9.2.22 Announcement

Our Energy team is diligently working to process a large backlog of applications and will no longer be able to accept new applications for the time being. This is a temporary pause on the services we offer to allow our team to work through those applications who haven't received assistance yet this year. We're making slow progress in getting pledges paid out, but with the workload and staffing currently in place are stretched thin.


At this time we will only be processing new applications that are considered critical emergencies.


Current criteria to be considered for critical emergencies:

  • A 24 hour shut off or have been shut off     OR

  • A shutoff notice of anytime frame AND you have one of the following situations

    • A medical dependency requiring electricity/energy 

      • This can include

        • Oxygen tanks/breathing machines

        • Electric wheelchairs

        • Any medical device that would be a life or death situation

    • Children under the age of 6 months

Each application accepted will be handled at a case-by-case basis until further notice.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

Ring of Light Bulbs

As part of the Essential Services initiative, the Energy Assistance Program provides assistance to the residents of Coos and Curry counties. Keeping your home warm is our business. 

ORCCA provides eligible households a one-time payment (once per program year) toward your energy bill. This can be electric, gas, propane, wood and pellets.

To apply for energy assistance, you will need to submit an energy application. You can print and fill out the Energy Application on this page. The application can be  emailed back to or dropped off/mailed to one of our local offices. If you are unable to print an application, please come into our office for a paper application.

Coos County mail or drop off to:
1855 Thomas Ave. 
Coos Bay OR. 97452

Curry County mail to:
PO Box 836 
Brookings OR. 97415

Curry County drop off to:
937 Chetco Avenue
Brookings, OR 97415

Your completed application includes the following items:

  • Completely filled out application 

  • Supportive documentation:

    • Photo ID 

    • Proof of income for all adult members of the household for the last 90 days

    • Social security numbers for all members, including minors

    • A copy of your most recent bill - if applicable

More information on the required documents is listed on the application. 

Should you have a shut off notice, please come into one of our offices as soon as possible. Bring with you all supportive documentation.

Current office hours are located on the CONTACT US page.


Water Assistance Application (Coming Soon)

Water Assistance Program (LIHWA)


As part of the Essential Services initiative ORRCA is proud to be able to soon offer Water Assistance which will provide water assistance to the residents of Coos and Curry counties.